In December, 2014, I was contacted by a company called Software Advice bringing my attention to an article by one of their writers, Gaby Loria, entitled, “Patient Home Usage of Speech Therapy Software IndustryView l 2014.” I thought I would share some of the online survey’s results with you.
The Key Findings:
- Three-quarters (74%) of speech therapy patients have used or are using software to practice at home.
- The majority (89%) of patients that used software for home practice noticed improvements.
- Most respondents were more likely to choose a therapist-recommended at-home practice solution.
Other interesting findings were:
- 61% of adult patients felt they improved using speech therapy software
- 31% of parents of children reported that their child improved using speech therapy software.
- Speech therapy software was not a favorite for doing work at home. It seems that clients prefer verbal exercises to all methods. Physical tools, such as “listening tubes,” were the least favorite.
The complete article can be found at: http://www.softwareadvice.com/medical/industryview/home-speech-therapy-report-2014/
Most Preferred Home Practice Methods